The Posture Academy, developed by Eden Haugland of Eden Pilates, puts the emphasis on a key benefit of pilates practice: good posture. This bootcamp is designed to created improved posture and muscle balancing.
The Posture Academy is a 4-week program, with two 1-hour classes weekly, led by Eden Haugland, a Pilates expert and instructor to top executives, pro athletes and actors.
In advance of the 8-class sessions, the Posture Academy journey begins with a private 30-minute consultation with Eden, during which she performs a digital posture analysis to establish current postural habits and zone in on potential weaknesses.
Over one month, participants (maximum 6 per class) will benefit from eight specifically-designed Pilates based classes, learning how their individual postural tendencies have lead to specific muscle imbalances and possible injuries and then master the specific exercises to improve them. The 8 specialized classes include these themes:
- The Road to Achieving Your Pilates Moment: All About The Breath
- Embracing Your Curves: Optimizing Shock Absorption in the Spine
- Turning Corners and Finding Your Wings: The Keys to Developing Broad Stable Shoulders
- Strong Balanced Glutes Benefit More than the Onlooker!: All About The Butt
Progressing through the Posture Academy, learn:
- how proper breathing is the key to abdominal connection and to achieving the “Pilates Moment”;
- how to “map” your body to track your muscle strengths and weaknesses with Eden’s proprietary “MI Method”;
- detailed information on what muscles your are targeting and why, catered to you.
Cap off the Academy experience with a second private 30-minute consultation with Eden Haugland, including a comparison digital postural analysis to visually mark the changes in your body.